Central United Methodist Church, located in the heart of Evansville, Indiana, is a vibrant, caring congregation committed to Christ and ministries in His name. For over 160 years, Central UMC has lived out its mission of “Sharing the Good News” with one another, the neighborhood, the community and the world.
Worship services, ministries and programs are available to serve the diverse interests of today’s Christian, and assist and support those in need. Our traditional worship service takes place Sunday mornings at 8:45 a.m. in the sanctuary. Our casual service meets in the Family Life Center at 11:00 a.m. Between worship services, Sunday School classes meet from 10:00 to 10:45 a.m.
At Central United Methodist Church, We are here for you! Contact us to learn more about opportunities to serve Christ through our many ministries. Join us Sunday morning for worship, and experience the fellowship, warmth and compassion of Central Church.
Central seeks to be a fruitful church by these five practices:
- Radical Hospitality – We realize so many people do not have a relationship to a faith community, so Central members seek to invite others, help them feel welcome, and support them in their faith journeys.
- Passionate Worship – We work hard to deepen spiritual life and improve the quality of worship to help connect people to God…Through Passionate Worship we cultivate our relationship with God and with one another as the people of God.
- Intentional Faith Development – The followers of Jesus mature in faith by learning together in community. We seek to offer high quality learning experiences that help people understand Scripture, faith, and life in the supportive nurture of caring relationships.
- Risk-Taking Mission and Service – We seek to make a positive difference in the lives of people beyond the inner circle of the church, and to exemplify the compassion, mercy, and justice of Christ in the world.
- Extravagant Generosity – As people grow in relationship to Christ, they grow also in practice…offering more of themselves for the purposes of Christ. We seek to give joyously, generously and consistently in ways that enrich the souls of members and strengthen the ministries of the church.